Government and private enterprises in the transportation sector are looking to modernize and make rapid changes by using a single standard unified solution to:
- Improve safety throughout the operation with industrial-grade reliability and security
- Improve transportation efficiency
- Provide real-time quality of service (for passengers, timely delivery of cargo, and route information)
- Create situational awareness with enhanced machine-to-machine communication
The unified network would support the following mission-critical services:
- Traffic signaling to anticipate operational conditions such as estimated time of arrivals (ETAs), weather conditions, and route/road conditions
- Route automation – traffic volume control
- Traffic Smart Signs – speed, accidents, road/route conditions
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) for real-time monitoring of assets and/or traffic
- Asset and personnel tracking
- Onboard emergency call points
- Passenger information systems
When replacing a network the following questions should be considered:
- Why a private network?
- Enhanced security
- Lower operational costs
- In control of infrastructure operations and service availability
- Why update the network?
- Enhanced security and asset management including video surveillance
- Innovative applications such as Push-to-Talk (PTT), Real-Time Locating System (RTLS), Machine Type Communication (MTC)
- Remote monitoring, field linkups and voice, VoIP communication
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of a converged single network is much lower than that of a legacy network
- Why Redline?
- Exclusively mission-critical focus
- Complete eco-system solution
- Low latency and high reliability
- Highly responsive and agile operational model
The Redline Solution
Redline Communications’ fit-for-purpose technology, coupled with detailed operational knowledge and a means to demonstrate innovation and capabilities, is a key competitive differentiator to assist transport sector operators globally in transforming their operational processes. In addition, the ability to lower operational costs, improve productivity and availability to critical information can be realized from virtual fiber or the private LTE network. With Redline’s solutions, railways will be able to implement a purpose-built, ruggedized, secure solution with complete control over the QoS to enhance services for transportation operators.
Redline provides the most powerful, rugged and reliable wireless networks using leading-edge technology helping to deliver the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) to
organizations building private wide area networks.
Redline Virtual Fiber wireless access products are built for extreme reliability and performance. These products can be used in the toughest environmental conditions, rated to operate between -40° to +75°C for fixed point-to-point and point-to-multipoint communications and nomadic applications. They provide secure and reliable high-speed connectivity in these challenging, isolated locations, and over rough non-line-of-sight terrain.
Redline iLTE is a compact, complete LTE system that can be rapidly deployed anywhere. Redline iLTE is a comprehensive suite of private LTE products and services that combine to deliver security, flexibility, scalability and durability to the mobile network. iLTE provides a turnkey approach to private LTE with its rapid deployment and ease of management.
Industrial IoT means monitoring and managing tens and hundreds of thousands of sensors used in SCADA/AMI applications for transportation. A high-speed, secure and reliable point-to-multipoint (PMP) industrial-grade wireless system is your cost-effective communications foundation.
Video surveillance provides real-time monitoring of vehicular and pedestrian traffic and street-level activity. High-definition point-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras mounted in strategic locations can be connected to central control with a reliable, cost-efficient, high-capacity, PMP radio system.
Redline is the worldwide leader in private wireless networks
WHY REDLINE COMMUNICATIONS?
Redline Communications is focused on providing industrial companies with fit-for-purpose solutions to their mission-critical applications. Redline’s powerful, purpose-built, industrial-based, mobile, fixed and nomadic industrial wireless network solutions have been designed for reliable operations in the most challenging locations.
Our solutions are designed and installed as an end-to-end operating network platform, specifically optimized for the unique requirements of the digital mine for both underground and surface deployments. Redline has delivered some of the world’s largest, fully connected and most functionally advanced wireless solutions for digital transformation.